2013 Bradley Freedom Prize Essay Contest
The Center for the Study of Liberal Democracy is pleased to announce the Bradley Freedom Prize Essay Contest for University of Wisconsin–Madison students.
Deadline: April 19, 2013
- 1st Prize: $2,000
- 2nd Prize: $1500
- 3rd Prize: $1000
Essay question: Do the wealthiest Americans pay their fair share of taxes? What amount would be fair and why?
Contest Rules and Requirements
- The competition is open only to current University of Wisconsin–Madison students.
- Essays will be judged on both style and content. Judges will look for writing that is clear, articulate, and logically organized. Be sure your essay answers the essay question.
- Essays should be 1,500-2,000 words (approximately 5-7 pages).
- Include a cover sheet with your name, essay title, your current address, e-mail address, and declared major(s) or department(s). Do not put your name on the essay.
- Essays must be submitted electronically as a Microsoft Word file.
- Be sure to include footnote citations that clearly identify the source for any ideas you borrow from other authors.
- Your essay must be solely the work of you the entrant.
Your essay must be received no later than Friday, April 19, 2013.
Submit your essay to Deborah Katz Hunt, Administrative Associate, Wisconsin Center for the Study of Liberal Democracy, email@example.com or mail to 404 Jefferson Street, Oregon, WI 53575.