The consortium is an intellectually diverse alliance of people working in Wisconsin promoting the study and discussion of civil and economic liberties. WLC is hosted by the Menard Center for the Study of Institutions and Innovation at UW-Stout and is co-sponsored with the Menard Center for Constitutional Studies at UW-Eau Claire, Menard Family Midwest Initiative for Economic Engagement and Research at UW-La Crosse, and Center for the Study of Liberal Democracy at UW-Madison.
Individuals may become WLC Affiliates by invitation or application. Affiliates must have demonstrated expertise and an ongoing research or policy agenda in civil and/or economic liberty. Affiliation is subject to annual review and renewal. There is no membership fee.
WLC Affiliates are eligible to:
- apply for WLC sponsored funding opportunities
- request WLC letters of support for funding proposals to other funding organizations
- participate in quarterly WLC virtual meetings presenting and critiquing research and policy proposals, collaborating with others, and more.
- participate in the annual UW-Stout MCSII Civil Liberty Symposium.
WLC Affiliates are required to:
- give appropriate credit / acknowledgement for consortium affiliation and support.
- promote consortium objectives and events.
- participate in consortium events and activities.
 Application materials should be attachments to email to email@example.com with subject line “WLC affiliate application.” Application materials include current curriculum vita or resume, and a statement of interest (no longer than three pages) in the consortium including what the applicant plans to get from the consortium and what value the applicant will add to the consortium.
 Funding opportunities are offered separately by the individual sponsoring centers according to their own criteria. For details, contact the individual sponsoring centers.